Thursday 16 May 2013

Family and Friends Railcard


See all those zeros?!  A pleasure to behold!  

I love taking my little girl out-and-about to explore and experience new things.  Going by car, now that filling up the petrol tank is getting ridiculously expensive, is now a luxury.  The bus is always an option but I much prefer the train.  

I found out about the £28 Family and Friends Railcard  which would cut the cost of the fare by a third for me and 60% for my daughter.  Not bad - but could I cut the cost of the card too?!  

I ended up exchanging £14 of Tesco clubcard vouchers for a one year pass.  Here's the link but I see it has risen to £15 now.   The Daily Mail is currently running an offer for a free two month pass

We have used our pass once so far and made a £7 saving.  No doubt we will make better use of it during the school holidays.  I've been meaning to go the Turner gallery in Margate or perhaps a day trip to Brighton or a day out in London or Bath or York .......................

Where would you go? 


No comments:

Post a Comment