Friday 2 November 2012

The Beginning

For some October was been renamed Stoptober but for me it was Startober!

No, I've not taken up smoking! Instead, for me it is the start of a more frugal, thrifty period of life.  We're taking on a new mortgage and so our fixed outgoings will be bigger.  That means other expenditure will just have to get smaller to compensate.

I know that we will need to be far cleverer with our money, more mindful and cautious in our actions.  I'd like this blog to be the story of that challenge.

At this point, I don't envisage the changes being too hardcore frugal - but you never know!  This is about the small changes, tweaking routine, tweaking expectations, tweaking how we use our time so that we don't get in debt (further than the mortgage!).

We will not be made miserable by the change in lifestyle but will instead be empowered.  

That's the theory so let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment