Tuesday 26 February 2013

Frugal Food: Easy Cheesy Muffin Scone





My little girl has to take a morning snack to school each day.  One of the things I send her in with are these little buns, a cross between a muffin and a scone, the recipe for which I found in the Co-op's free magazine.  

They are easy to make, can be flavoured with anything lurking in the fridge and freeze well too.  I usually make mine with bacon, tomato and cheese and I keep a supply in the freezer so that I know I always have something to hand if the fruit bowl is empty.  

All a bit different to my school days.  I just got sent in with some coppers to buy a bag of pickled onion flavour Outer Spacers from the school tuck shop!


Easy Cheesy Muffin Scones

Butter or oil for geasing
7 sun-dried or cherry tomatoes, chopped small
250g SR flour
80g grated cheese
200ml natural yogurt
sprinkle of herbs
1 large egg
3 tbsp olive oil

Preheat the oven to 190ºC / Gas 5

Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tin with butter or oil

Put the flour into a bowl, add tomatoes, cheese and herbs

Put the yogurt into a jug, add the egg and oil, and stir.

Add the yogurt mixture to the flour and mix

Spoon into muffin tins (try to do it more evenly than me!) and bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden.



No comments:

Post a Comment